The Ultimate Science Resource for Kids
For kids who love science, it’s easy for them to get into such topics as fossils, space, chemistry, physics, and the like. How do you get the other kids interested? Try some of fun ways listed below about various science topics. You can play a game to learn about the parts of a body or you can sing a song about the environment. For more ideas refer to the Ultimate Science Resource for Kids.
- Dinosaur Fun: A great resource with Dinosaur cross word puzzles, word finds and graphing activities.
- Dinosaur Dig: The San Diego Natural History Museum shows how to learn about fossils and dinosaurs in fun ways.
- Activities: A list of links to various activities for kids to learn more about fossils.
- Environmental Kids Club: Join this cool club by the E.P.A.
- Reference for Kids: Fantastic resource page by the Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Games: Environmental web games.
- Chemistry at Home: Chemistry Experiments that can be done at home.
- Chemistry Fun Stuff: A site with many fun chemistry activities.
- Chemistry Links: A list of links to interesting chemistry sites.
- Newtonian Physics Machine: Shows how to build this fascinating object.
- Painless Physics: Physics lessons told in stories.
- A Walk through Time: Discover the evolution of time.
- Soil Biological Communities: Fun activities all about soil.
- Resources: A wealth of fun biology links by the National Science Foundation.
- Neuroscience for Kids: Some activities to help children discover more about the brain.
- Space Kids: The official NASA homepage especially for kids.
- Apollo 11: Do you want to walk on the moon? Relive the historic “leap for mankind.”
- Windows to the Universe: Various fun activities to learn about the Universe.
- Playtime for Kids: Special weather-related activities for kids by the NOAA.
- The Disaster Area: Explore how weather can be disastrous.
- Lightning Safety: Provides links to a game, an interactive multimedia show, a coloring book, and more.
- Amazing Animals: Learn more about animals through this fun page on National Geographic Kids.
- Kids’ Corner: Excellent page by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
- National Zoo: Virtual zoo by the Smithsonian Institute including live animal cams.
- Songs: An introduction to plants through songs.
- Gardening For Kids: Ideas for growing a garden with kids, even in Winter months.
- Plants for Kids: Great place to learn about plants with many experiments.
- The Atmosphere: Great illustration by the Nasa Sci Files.
- The Green House Effect: Wonderful explanation by the E.P.A. Kids Site.
- Atmosphere, Climate & Environment: Resource page with links for information sheets, games, and puzzles.