Christmas Greetings & Cards: Ready for you to Copy
Christmas is a time of cheer and goodwill towards all. However, the prices of passing on your sentiments in the form of a Christmas card is getting more and more expensive. Not to mention the endless lineups and busy traffic conditions to get to the store and back. But don’t despair, we have an inexpensive alternative that is sure to keep your budget on its diet and your friends and family still finding good cheer. Plus, you can do this from the comfort of your own home – you can even wear your pajamas, if you want.
There are many websites that offer printable cards for free. For this do-it-yourself-method, all you need is a good printer and some card stock paper. You can choose from a wide selection of images as well as some heartfelt Christmas greetings text. Since you are extremely busy getting everything ready for the big day, we have made it easier and have searched out some of the best sites on the web. These are user-friendly and a snap to print out.
Christmas Card Templates
Say ‘Merry Christmas’ with this adorable snowman and his greeting santa bird. They are whimsical and are sure to delight both the young and young-at-heart.
This template is set up in an easy pdf format and will print both the front and back. However, you will have to add your own greeting, as it is blank inside. This is perfect for getting right to the heart of what you want to say with plenty of writing room inside, or to add a family photo.
For a more personal touch you can also make ‘postcard-style’ greetings where you can upload your own photo and add your own personalized greetings. These are great for out-of-town relatives or to give the grandparents a nice keepsake of your little ones.
The process is extremely user-friendly so you don’t need a computer tech to walk you through the project. Plus, as it is all printed as one, it provides you with that clean professional look you get with a boughten card, only its completely all you.
Free Christmas Postcards
Xerox online has many Christmas cards in either a postcard format or a full card format. This is a great way to print out the entire card with your own personalized greeting inside of it. This is all free to do and they have a great selection to choose from. However, not all the designs come in full-card-mode. Just scroll down to the bottom to find the ones that are available. If you want to make wrapping paper and gift tags to accompany your card, xerox has that, too!
Christmas Greeting Messages
If you draw a complete blank when it comes to writing a greeting on your Christmas cards, then why not borrow from the best? We have compiled a list of some of the cutest and most heartfelt wishes you can find. Feel free to copy and paste these or write them inside those black greeting cards…shhh, we won’t tell anyone where you got them from.
- The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. ~ Burton Hillis
- From home to home, and heart to heart, from one place to another. The warmth and joy of Christmas, brings us closer to each other. ~ Emily Matthews
- When we recall Christmas past, we usually find that the simplest things – not the great occasions – give off the greatest glow of happiness. ~ Bob Hope
- Heap on the wood, the wind is chill; But let it whistle as it will, We’ll keep our Christmas merry still. ~ Sir Walter Scott
- A Christmas candle is a lovely thing. It makes no noise at all, but softly gives itself away, while quite unselfish, it grows small. ~ Eva K. Logue
- I made myself a snowball, As perfect as could be, I thought I’d keep it as a pet, And let it sleep with me. I made it some pajamas, And a pillow for its head, Then last night it ran away, But first – it wet the bed! ~ Shel Silverstein
Now that we have taken the struggle and frustration out of finding that perfect card with the perfect verse, look at all the free time you will have left. Use these moments to grab yourself a hot beverage, sit back and put your feet up, all the while feeling good about keeping on budget and making something from your heart – you can even wear your pajamas, if you want.