How to make Mother’s Day Star Cookies
Mother’s Day is on May 9, and if you really want to get your mom a gift you know she’ll love, you can’t go wrong with a baked treat. A fresh batch of Mother’s Day cookies are essentially one of the best homemade gifts you can give. Your mom is going to appreciate the time, creativity and love you put into these cookies. Let’s bake some star cookies!
Finding a unique and magical gift to celebrate your mom every year can be difficult. But what mom wouldn’t love to receive these homemade and delicious star cookies as a special treat on Mother’s Day? Especially because it’s something you made just for her! Our Mother’s Day star cookies are the perfect gift to serve to someone as sweet as mom. This cookie recipe is easy to make, easy to decorate and easy to enjoy!
What you need
Before you start making these cookies, it is wise to ask an adult for help. Ask your dad, aunt or grandmother to help you in the kitchen. This is what you’ll need to bake our magical star cookies:
– a food processor or a hand mixer with dough hooks
– an oven with a baking tray
– a rolling pin
– star shaped cookie cutters
– baking paper
To make about thirty cookies you need the following ingredients:
– 1 medium egg
– 150 grams of unsalted butter
– 100 grams of white caster sugar
– 200 grams of wheat flour
When you have gathered all the ingredients and supplies, you are ready to get started on the cookies!
Follow the steps below to make your own delicious star cookies.
1. Split the egg and use the yolk. The yolk is the yellow part of the egg.
2. In the food processor or a large bowl, whisk together the white sugar, egg yolk, unsalted butter and wheat flour. Mix all ingredients until the dough has a grainy texture.
3. Knead the dough crumbs with your hands into a consistent dough. Then roll the dough into a ball and wrap it in aluminum foil. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Dust your workspace with some wheat flour. Roll out the dough until it is about 3 to 4 millimeters thick.
5. Once you have flattened the dough, you can preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
6. Press the cookie cutters into the dough. You can take about thirty cookies from the dough.
7. Place the cookies on a baking tray with baking paper underneath. Ready? Let’s bake!
8. Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes at 175 ° C.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a tray. Then it’s time to decorate!
Decorate the cookies
When the star cookies have cooled down, it’s time to decorate them! You can use different color frosting to decorate your cookies. Glaze topping can be bought in almost every supermarket. If you don’t want to use glaze, you can also melt chocolate to dip the cookies in. Then sprinkle the cookies with fruit, nuts, or other cheerful baking decoration. Let’s make it a party! The cookies can be kept in a cookie jar for about three days after baking.
The best Mother’s Day ever!
Surprise your mom on Mother’s Day with these sparkling and magical star cookies! You can present the cookies in the morning during breakfast in bed, or in the afternoon when your mother has a cup of coffee or tea. Make Mother’s Day even more special by giving her a star on her special day! Show your mom how much you appreciate her love and support by naming her a star in the Online Star Register. There is no better way to show your love! Show your mom she is your superstar.